Mark Jupiter LLC, a high end custom design/ build furniture company located in DUMBO Brooklyn, is currently seeking a highly skilled metal fabricator. Please go to our website www.markjupiter.com to become familiar with our work.
A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience is required.
General fabrication and welding with an emphasis on quality and detail.
Collaborate closely with in-house draftsmen, and others to bring unique projects to successful completion.
- Solid knowledge and experience in the fabrication and finishing of a broad range of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Good understanding/capability with various welding and brazing processes (MIG, TIG, Oxy-Acetylene, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand and work from shop drawings.
- Problem solving skills for working through fabrication issues on projects that may have a unique, non-typical material and/or construction.
- Ability to stay calm and confident, keeping attention to detail and to have autonomy when working to make sure mistakes are prevented and/or corrected.
- Organizational skills to help maintain the production schedule and the ability to multitask between projects.
- Must be able to take direction and criticism effectively, as well as follow shop protocols.
- A positive attitude is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required. Please only apply if you meet this qualification.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Furniture Maker / Cabinetmaker
Mark Jupiter is looking for talented woodworkers to join our team at the DUMBO shop and showroom. As a woodworker at Mark Jupiter you will be given pieces to bring from inception through completion while participating in the success of all pieces as a whole. We maintain a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit here, and look for people who share similar drive and passion. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in custom furniture manufacturing with an impressive project portfolio and proven project successes.
- Fabrication of a wide variety of technically challenging, high-end products
- Collaborate with our design team on prototypes and new designs
- Build upon existing efficient work practices
- Use material efficiently and develop practices to limit waste
- Manage fabrication to ensure completion within project timeline and budget
- Contribute to the motivation of your coworkers and team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in high end custom wood furniture
- Proficiency of techniques, skills, and processes involved in woodworking, fabrication and finishing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills — expresses ideas and issues clearly to management and coworkers
- Ability to build from technical drawings and recommend improvements
- Existing relationships within the Brooklyn furniture maker community
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Maintain high quality standards when delegating
- Ability to adapt to changes in workflow
- Familiarity with sustainable manufacturing techniques
- Ability to lift 50lbs